Intern With Us
Brighter Bites offers unpaid internships to students and non-students interested in public health, nutrition, and nonprofit work. We invite you to join our program staff in the field or work behind the scenes building our brand and developing relationships. Our interns are exposed to all components of Brighter Bites to gain a well-rounded understanding of how a public health community nutrition nonprofit operates.
Brighter Bites offers three types of internships that support our city programs in three cohorts: fall, spring, and summer. Please be aware that not all intern positions are always available in every city or in every cohort.
If you would like to be considered for an internship, please review the position descriptions below for more details and requirements. Then fill out the online application. Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. We will begin interviewing select candidates before the application deadlines.
*New requirement: Ability to show proof of COVID vaccination. Brighter Bites will consider accommodations for disability and religious based reasons.
- Exclusively for students enrolled in a dietetic program requiring a community nutrition internship rotation.
- Length of internship is flexible with dietetic program requirements.
- A mix of fieldwork and some small projects.
- Ideal for those who want to gain experience working with a public health nonprofit and may need to fulfill fieldwork hours required by their school/program.
- Mostly fieldwork and possible small projects.
- Exclusively for graduate students needing a practicum, capstone, or other project to satisfy a degree requirement.
- Excludes students who only need fieldwork hours.
- Available in select cities on an as-needed basis.
- One large project and some fieldwork.
The Brighter Bites Program Internships Application is now open!
Brighter Bites offers corporate internships as they become available with our non-program departments. These internships are offered to students and non-students interested in working with public health, nutrition, and nonprofit organizations.
National Team (Corporate) Internships:
Social Media, Marketing & Communications, Development, Human Resources, Finance
Computer Science, Produce Sourcing, Strategic Partnerships, Nutrition Education
Brighter Bites is currently seeking a Social Media Intern and Computer Science Intern!
Please email email@example.com for inquiries on any of the internship opportunities listed above.
Meet Our Interns
Here’s a look at what some of our interns are saying!